In order to increase the chance of successful recovery of your lost datam from phone or tablet, please observe the following guide lines before you send in your devices to ADRC for data rescue:
Hardware Related Problems:
- If your gadget had been dropped with subsequent power up problem, do not leave the power on and do a proper shutdown (unless the damage prevent you from doing so)
- In case the device is dropped into water, there are a few things you can do to avoid further damage to your data:
- Ensure that it is not powered on (if the device has already been turned off).
- If it is already on, try to turn if off if it still can be done
- Dislodge the battery if you know how to do it
- In particular, if it is sea water, put the device under running tap water for a few seconds to wash off any prominent dirt or mud, and then wipe it gently with a piece of wet cloth. Do not allow the device to dry up ! This is contrary to the common belief that you should put the phone in the rice bag to expedite the drying process. If the water gets into the circuit board, by drying up the water, it will leave mineral deposit causing corrosion on pcb circuit due to oxidation which will make the recovery more difficult if not impossible
- After some brief cleaning at least, wrap a towel (wet with clean or distilled water) around your phone to ensure that the water does not get dried up before you hurry to ADRC for recovery of phone data
Other Data Related Problems:
- If you accidentally delete important data, stop using your phone or tablets further as writing of new data will result in overwriting. Also, there may a lot of background processes (such as auto software updates) that may continuously eat into the free data space so the best thing to do is to power down the device.
- After data deletion, do not procceed to reset or update your operating system as such action may result in permanent loss of data